Mission Statement + Core Values + Philosophy
“To provide the ultimate environment for teaching and learning the practices and values of the surf and ocean lifestyle.”
We are a mission-driven organization. Click here to learn more about what that means.
1. To Promote Healthy Living Through the "Surf Lifestyle"
2. To Inspire the Next Generation of East Coast Surfers through Positive Role Models
3. To Provide a Well-Rounded Program that Effectively Teaches the Art of Surfing
4. To Change the Surfer Stereotypes and Focus On The Athleticism and Unique Skills of Surfers
5. To Practice Environmental Responsibility and Community Service
“Everyone deserves the opportunity to experience the joy of surfing”
“Know your history, control your destiny”
Summertime Surf was founded in 2006 by Shaun McGrath in Belmar, New Jersey and, as they say, “the rest is history.” Check out our interactive SUMMER-Timeline to see where we’ve come from, and where we are going.Learn More
Because "teamwork makes the dream work"
Our core team of owner/operators knows that "together we achieve more." Click below to learn more about our directors; Shaun, Mark, and Gil, and their roles within the SUMMERTIME company.Learn More
The Summertime Systems
An innovate approach to a unique mission”
Virtually everything we do has been custom built for the beach and in the ocean. Over the past decade, SUMMERTIME has adopted some of the best practices from outside the surf industry to and applied them to create an innovative, adaptable system. Learn more about what goes into creating a true grassroots experience by clicking here.Learn More
Don’t just take our word for it
The only constant at SUMMERTIME is our commitment to continuous improvement. Check out some of these clippings for proof that we are headed in the right direction here.Learn More