S.U.P. CAMP OVERVIEW
Teaching the next generation the fundamentals of proper paddling since 2013
By combining positive role models, original programming, and the ultimate learning environment (flat-water river beach), Summertime S.U.P. camp has earned the reputation as NJ's #1 place for kids to paddle.
- For Boys & Girls ages 8-16
- Perfect flat-water river beach location in Belmar
- 3 hour camp - Tue-Wed-Thur - All summer long!
- Positive learning environment
- Teaches the fundamentals in small groups
- Original, renown teaching methods & curriculum
- Commitment to safety and fun!
- $225 for 3 day program / $100/day BOOK NOW
SAFETY AT CAMP
S.P.F.-The Summertime Mentality- 1. SAFETY, 2. Program, 3. Fun!!
- All aspects of programming are designed with safety as the main priority. Customized safety systems are unique to Summertime programs and situations
- 5:1 student to instructor ratio at our camps
- Campers learn safety in and out of the water
- SUMMERTIME staff members are Certified Lifesavers trained in CPR and First Aid, hold WPA Certificates, and have experience working with the local lifeguards and first aid squads to further ensure the safety of our campers and staff
- PFDs utilized for developing safe habits
- A note from Shaun:" "A healthy paddler is a happy paddler!" We are prepared for emergencies and have dealt with injury, both serious and minor, effectively in the past. A tent/canopy acts as our home-base and campers find shelter from the sun regularly throughout the day. All of our equipment is inspected daily for potential hazards and we use only new, beginner-friendly paddleboards. All participants must sign a waiver due to the inherent risks of paddling and other activities that our camp provides. That being said, we would like to assure you that we have carefully chosen a team of responsible adults to provide the best experience possible for you or your child. We realize that there will be bumps, breaks, bruises, cuts, scrapes, and possibly a few tears shed, but we will work with you and your child to make sure that their experience is one that they walk away from smiling.
S.U.P. Camp Schedule
9am-12noon Week 4 : July 11,12,13 Week 6: July 25,26,27 Week 8: August 8,9,10 Week 10: August 15,16,17
1pm-4pm Week 5 : July 18,19,20 Week 7 : August 1,2,3 Week 9 : August 15,16,17
The Perfect Location
L - Street Beach in Belmar
(on the Shark River Bay)
- Consistent flat water conditions
- Sandy bottom beach
- Easy entrance and exit from water
- No motorized boats in our beginner zone
- Plenty of space to learn and play
A few facts and tips about availability and registration:
- Due to the high rate of returning campers, many weeks of the summer sell out before camps start in June
- Camps quality is never compromised by overselling or overcrowding. Safety and small groups are the keys to successful experiences
- Register AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE to ensure your preferred week and location, particularly if you are registering multiple campers
- Waiting lists are available, please call
- Shaun's TIP: Campers start come in the beginning of summer have the whole season to practice new skills
- If you are registering multiple campers, use the code "friends16" during the online checkout process for our Friends and Family Discount!!
Stand Up Paddle Camper's Race
Participate in a Race...Just for Stand Up Paddle Campers
Back in 2016 is the fun 1 mile Stand Up Paddle Camper Race.
Fri, August 5th - 9am
Available only to campers and former campers ages 6-16
Prizes for top finishers in boys & girls divisions
More info available by clicking book now