2019 Kids Stand Up Paddle Eco Adventure Camp
Stand Up for an adventure on paddle boards
Summertime has found a new home for Stand Up Paddle Kids Camp. As the Manasquan River bends through the Natural Wildlife Management Area, (Wall Township/Brick Township border) campers discover and explore a true ecological oasis unlike almost anything else in New Jersey. This adventure camp teaches the fundamentals of Stand Up Paddle in a breathtaking natural setting. Surrounded by nature, the camp curriculum provides many opportunities for teachable moments in both paddle skills and life skills. Paddle camp helps campers become well-rounded watermen & waterwomen while discovering nature from a new perspective. By combining positive role models, original programming, and the ultimate learning environment, Summertime S.U.P. Kids Camp has earned the reputation as NJ's best way for kids to get involved with the paddling lifestyle.
Paddle Camp Basics
- For Boys & Girls ages 8-16
- Perfect flat-water river location
- Positive learning environment
- Teaches the fundamentals in small groups
- Original, renown teaching methods & curriculum
- Learn about the local ecosystem and experience nature in a unique and gorgeous setting
- Commitment to safety and fun!
- Tues - Wed - Thurs - Friday
- $325 for 4-day camp
- 1 week only - August 6-9th>
- Understanding safe use of Stand Up Paddle equipment
- Proper paddle techniques & habits
- Water Safety & rescue techniques
- Boating Laws & Sharing the River
- Excellent balance & coordination training
- Exploring & identifying wildlife and ecosystems
- Gain confidence & independence
- Teamwork, Friendship & Aloha
Campers Will Learn & Show Improvement In:
SAFETY AT CAMP
S.P.F.-The Summertime Mentality- 1. SAFETY, 2. Program, 3. Fun!!
- All aspects of programming are designed with safety as the main priority. Customized safety systems are unique to Summertime programs and situations
- 5:1 student to instructor ratio at our camps
- Campers learn safety in and out of the water
- SUMMERTIME staff members are Certified Lifesavers trained in CPR and First Aid, hold WPA Certificates, and have experience working with the local lifeguards and first aid squads to further ensure the safety of our campers and staff
- PFDs utilized for developing safe habits
- Note on Safety:" "A healthy paddler is a happy paddler!" We are prepared for emergencies and have dealt with injury, both serious and minor, effectively in the past. All participants must sign a waiver due to the inherent risks of paddling and other activities that our camp provides. That being said, we would like to assure you that we have carefully chosen a team of responsible adults to provide the best experience possible for you or your child. We realize that there will be bumps, breaks, bruises, cuts, scrapes, and possibly a few tears shed, but we will work with you and your child to make sure that their experience is one that they walk away from smiling.
S.U.P. Camp Schedule
Location - THE MANASQUAN RIVER NARROWS
Launching from Summertime Paddle Clubhouse @ Lightning Jack's Marina 505 Ridge Rd, Brick, NJ 08724
The new clubhouse location is a true paddling paradise. Tucked away in the west end of the Manasquan River you will find an unspoiled area known as, "The Narrows." This gorgeous environment is where Monmouth and Ocean Counties meet, and is part of the New Jersey State Wildlife Management Area. Its common to observe bald eagles, heron, osprey, and other beautiful birds & wildlife. A paddle on The Narrows can fill the soul with a sense of peace and adventure. Check out this perfect sanctuary for getting away from the crashing of waves, and the rest the hustle and bustle of summer.
- Consistent flat water conditions
- Gorgeous Ecosystem
- Easy entrance and exit from water
- Plenty of space to learn and explore
- Bathrooms & Fresh Water Rinse off
A few facts and tips about availability and registration:
- Due to the high rate of returning campers, many weeks of the summer sell out before camps start in June
- Camps quality is never compromised by overselling or overcrowding. Safety and small groups are the keys to successful experiences
- Register AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE to ensure your preferred week and location, particularly if you are registering multiple campers
- Waiting lists are available, please call
- TIP: Campers start come in the beginning of summer have the whole season to practice new skills
- If you are registering multiple campers, use the code "friends19" during the online checkout process for our Friends and Family Discount!!