A program just for the little ones! Keiki Surf Camp teaches kids how to have fun and be safe in the ocean while learning to surf.
- Half Day Camper
- Full Day Camper
New Jersey Kids’ Surf and Ocean Safety Camp
Availability is limited, so sign up today!
Since 2006, Summertime’s community-supported surf camps have earned the reputation as New Jersey’s #1 surf school. By combining positive role models, creative original programming, small student groups, and the ultimate classroom (our beach and ocean), our kids’ surf camps are the East Coast’s premier place to get started and stay involved with the surf lifestyle.
Get your grom started with a surf camp today!
- Camps start every Monday, June through August.
- AM session- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- PM session- 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Full-day session: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (with enrichment and lunchtime from 12 to 1 p.m.)
We highly recommend registering as early as possible to ensure your preferred week and location, particularly if you are registering multiple campers.
- Full-day programs are not available for campers under 8 years old.
- IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN REGISTERING FOR MORE THAN 2 WEEKS, PLEASE CALL 732-599-2700 TO INQUIRE ABOUT ACCELERATED PROGRAMMING & SPECIAL PRICING.
- Due to the high rate of returning campers, many weeks of the summer sell out before camps start in June. We HIGHLY recommend registering AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE to ensure your preferred week and location.
- We will not compromise our program quality by overselling or overcrowding our camps. Safety and small groups are the keys to successful experiences.
- There is a waiting list for sold out weeks, so if you do not have calendar flexibility or cannot make it to a different location, there is a chance you can get in if another family cancels.
- TIP: Campers who start at the beginning of summer have the whole season to practice new skills.
- If you are registering multiple campers, use the code “friends20” during the online checkout process for our Friends and Family Discount!!
LESS IS MORE!
- Water bottle
- Ocean-appropriate swimwear (i.e. suits that won’t fall off in the water)
- Wetsuit (if you have one)
- Surfboard (if you have one)
- Bagged lunch or snack for full-day session (we can’t provide food)
- A smile!
- All Summertime staff members are Certified Lifesavers trained in CPR and First Aid and have experience working with the local lifeguards and first aid squads to further ensure the safety of our campers and staff.
- We maintain a 4:1 student to instructor ratio at our camps.
- All aspects of our program have been designed with safety as the main priority. A healthy surfer is a happy surfer! We are prepared for emergencies and have dealt with injury, both serious and minor, effectively in the past. A tent/canopy acts as our home-base, and campers find shelter from the sun regularly throughout the day. All of our equipment is inspected daily for potential hazards, and we use only new, beginner-friendly surfboards. There is a waiver that must be signed due to the inherent risks of surfing and other activities that our camp provides. That being said, we would like to assure you that we have carefully chosen a team of responsible adults to provide the best experience possible for you or your child. We realize that there will be bumps, breaks, bruises, cuts, scrapes, and possibly a few tears shed, but we will work with you and your child to make sure that their experience is one that they walk away from smiling.
S.W.B.A.T. (Surfer Will Be Able To) Demonstrate Improvement In:
- Lifeguard respect & the importance of expert supervision
- Entering & exiting the water safely
- Spinal cord injury risk awareness & mitigation skills
- Rip current recognition & response
- How to use the surfboard as a lifesaving aid
- Surfboard control
- Proper paddle technique
- Surfboard positioning
- The 4 Ps of surfing
- Catching waves
- Making the drop
- Timing the sets
- …and much more!
- Respect for others & the environment
- Physical awareness & control
- Calibrating confidence levels (both up and down)
- Basic yoga practice
- Friendship & sharing natural resources
Daily activities are flexible. We may adapt to changing surf conditions with safety in mind.