SAND BOTTOM POINT BREAK PERFECTION
- Enjoy 8 nights at Punta Conejo Resort with access to over a dozen surf breaks
- Surf long, lined-up waves that allow each surfer to improve their style and flow
- Go for the prime swell season
- Experience a year’s worth of surfing in a single trip!
- Includes a comprehensive pre-trip briefing with Summertime Surf coaches
Currently Available Opportunities:
- April 27th – May 5th, 2024
- Dates Available: April 27th - May 5th, 2024
About Punta Conejo & the Salina Cruz Area
Summertime Surf is traveling to the perfect point breaks of Southern Mexico as its latest offering for dedicated surfers looking to quickly improve their abilities. The Salina Cruz area is an incredible venue for both groms and adults looking to polish their surfing in mind-bending perfect waves. With a dozen or so point break setups near the Punta Conejo resort, participants will have the opportunity to surf some of the longest and most perfect waves of their lives.
Best of all, we were able to secure dates during the prime swell season and before the beginning of the rainy season. The resort is always totally booked out during these dates for a good reason!
Coaches take the surf forecast & group needs into planning each day’s mission. With many different surf breaks to choose from, coaches aim to bring the group to the point break they feel will be best for the group that morning. Afternoon surf sessions are enjoyed behind the resort at Punta Conjeo, the most playful wave in the region. Evenings are spent reviewing footage and breaking down each participant’s waves with feedback for improvement.
15+ Years of Experience
Grom Team director and Owner, Mark Gilmartin (aka Gilly), has been making annual pilgrimages to the Puerto Escondido and Salina Cruz region for over 15 years. He has extensive experience at the various point break setups in the Salina Cruz region and confidence to guide the group to the correct waves each day based off the group’s skillset and the daily forecast. He and his team will make sure you are in the right place at the right time!
Most days include multiple surf sessions, often times with the last session of the day being at Punta Conejo due to its convenient location right behind the resort. Our group has access to a handful of different right-hand point breaks and coaches decide each night where we plan to surf the following morning. The media team stays on-site to film at least one surf session each day, with the footage generally available at the end of each day to watch. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are prepared at the resort for the group. If we end up staying at one of the points all day to surf then meals can be purchased by guests at one of the local restaurants.
- Length: 8 nights, 9 days
- Begins / Ends: At the STS Office in Belmar, NJ
- Group Size: Only 8 Surfer slots available
- For: All ages
- *Note: A parent chaperone is required for minors, and parents are invited to surf or just watch and enjoy the incredible facility.
- Suitable For: Advanced & Performance level surfers.
Punta Conejo Resort:
- 7-bedroom beachfront Surf Resort
- Authentic local style with modern luxuries
- Beachside pool
- AC in all rooms
- Daily cleaning
- Ping Pong table
Assignments will be made by the Summertime Staff coaches.
PRICE: $3,850 per surfer
- Pre-trip preparation with Summertime coaches
- Ground transportation to and from JFK Airport and Huatuclo airport
- Punta Conejo Resort accommodations (8 nights)
- 3 fresh meals per day
- Experienced coaching and wave guidance
- Professional video captured 50% of surf sessions
What’s not included:
- Roundtrip airfare to Huatulco, Mexico (HUX)
- Airline boardbag fees
- Personal spending
- Alcohol purchases
- Tipping for local guides/staff