CAMP FAQ: Choosing Half Day vs. Full Day
Frequently Asked Questions:
KID’S SURF CAMPS
Half Day vs. Full Day
DISCLAIMER: We designed the camps to run for a full day because we love surfing and the ocean so much that we want to spend the whole day doing what we love.
FULL DAY IS BEST FOR:
- Not-so-young campers (ages 8-16) Small children need more down time, and our camp is focused on skill building. There simply is not much down time at SUMMERTIME SURF CAMPS and if your kid is mature for their age, they will learn a lot from keeping up with the group.
- Beach Kids & Water Rats. If your camper can’t get enough sun, surf and sand…don’t make them leave early, they really don’t want to go home yet.
- Athletes. Swimming, surfing, paddling, running…. you get the hint. If your kids are athletes, they will be able to handle a full day.
- Experienced Campers. If you are coming back for another summer of fun, the full day option is really the best way to go. Our camp is designed to give kids an fast education and a full day really shows campers all the moods of the ocean. After all, the kids were begging you to come back, right?
HALF DAY IS BEST FOR:
- Young Campers (ages 6-8) Small children need more down time, and our camp is focused on skill building. There simply is not much down time at SUMMERTIME SURF CAMPS so after 3 hours, they might be ‘pooped.’
- 1st Time Campers with little to no beach & ocean experience. Being a surfer means spending a lot of time in the ocean and on the beach. Managing your energy level at the beach is a learned skill.
- Campers who are involved in other sports activities that day.