Dear Prospective Program Staff,
Do you enjoy sharing your passion for the ocean with others? Summertime Surf & Paddle Schools are looking for team members who respect the responsibility that comes with introducing people to the surf and ocean lifestyle.
Summer Work Schedule:
- Applicants that are available the entire months of June, July and August are preferred but not required. (Teaching and College obligations are respected)
- Late Spring/Early Fall: 10-20 Hours per week
- June 19-Labor Day: 20-40 Hours per week
Selection of Staff:
- All applicants must be at least 16 years of age
- Make your intent known by filling out application before tryout
- Physical Tryout: ½ mile Ocean swim, 1 mile ocean paddle and 1 mile beach run tryouts will be held on Sat June 3th and Sun June 11th at 8:30AM at 3rd Ave in Belmar.
- Training/start date: Mandatory Training week begins June 12, 2017 (in the evenings)
HOW TO APPLY
STEP 1. Upload 1 minute video to YouTube that will:
- introduce yourself
- explain what attracts you to Summertime Surf Schools
- explain what attracts you to this role
- tells which part of the job you know you will excel at
- tell which part you anticipate being the biggest challenge
This is the first and most important impression. Please keep it simple and be yourself. We are more interested in getting a feel for who you are, not you video editing/technological abilities. Your phone’s camera or computer webcam is preferred over a professionally-shot video.
Be sure to set the video as “unlisted”!!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE ASSISTANCE IN THE VIDEO SUBMISSION PROCESS email email@example.com and we will help you the best we can.
STEP 2. (Once you have the YouTube link from Step 1 ready), fill out the online application below.
Rolling applications, but positions will fill quickly so apply ASAP.
Thank you for the opportunity to work with you and help you reach your goals in and out of the water. With out our participants, none of this would be possible.