Dear Prospective Program Staff,
Do you enjoy sharing your passion for the ocean with others? Summertime Surf & Paddle Schools are looking for team members who respect the responsibility that comes with introducing people to the surf and ocean lifestyle.
Summer Work Schedule:
- Applicants that are available the entire months of June, July and August are preferred, but not required. (Teaching and College obligations are respected)
- Late Spring/Early Fall: 10-20 Hours per week
- Last week in June -Labor Day: 20-40 Hours per week
Selection of Staff:
- All applicants must be at least 15 years of age
- Fill out the application before the tryout
- Mandatory Staff Workouts / Walk-On Opportunities
- Improve your physical fitness with a mandatory one-hour workout alongside your ocean staff coworkers. These workouts also serve as an opportunity for those who have not passed a tryout to “walk-on” to the staff. Attend both workouts.
- Physical Workout: ½ mile Ocean swim, 1 mile ocean paddle and 1 mile beach run tryouts will be held on Sat June 3rd and Sun June 11th at 8 AM. 2023 location: Our Bradley Beach Location at Ocean ave and Lake Terrace.
- Training/start date: Mandatory Training week begins June 5th, 2023 (in the evenings)
HOW TO APPLY:
STEP 1. Upload a 1-minute video to YouTube that will:
- Introduce yourself
- Explain what attracts you to Summertime Surf Schools
- Explain what attracts you to this role
- Tells which part of the job you know you will excel at
- Tell which part you anticipate being the biggest challenge
This is the first and most important impression. Please keep it simple and be yourself. We are more interested in getting a feel for who you are, not your video editing/technological abilities. Your phone’s camera or computer webcam is preferred over a professionally-shot video.
Be sure to set the video as “unlisted”!!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE ASSISTANCE IN THE VIDEO SUBMISSION PROCESS email [email protected] and we will help you the best we can.
STEP 2. (Once you have the YouTube link from Step 1 ready), fill out the online application below.
DEADLINE: Rolling applications, but positions will fill quickly so apply ASAP.